The application is of online mode. The candidates have to register first in the portal then only he/she can access the online application form as follows.
- Visit the online application link and login with your credentials
- Fill up all the required information like personal and educational
- Upload all the relevant certificates photo, thumb impression and the signature
- Check all the information entered by you again
- Then click the submit button
- Then you will be directed to the payment GATE 2017 way to pay the fee by debit card or by net banking or by e-challan.
- Take a print of the receipt copy which is generated online
The students are requested to keep an eye on the GATE 2017’s website to know about the new declarations like status of your application form, admit card publishing etc –http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
Application fee details:
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750|
|Women candidates||Rs. 750|
|GATE 2017 International candidates||US Dollars 50|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500|
The international candidates of all category have to pay the same amount that is US Dollars 50. All the candidates national or international have to pay online through net banking or by using debit or credit or by using e-challan
Required Documents for Filing Application:
The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
- a) Personal information (your personal mobile number, name, parent’s name, date of birth, parent’s mobile number, etc.).
- b) Address (including PIN code),
- c) Eligibility degree details
- d) PIN code of college, College address,,
- e) GATE 2017 paper, choice of GATE 2017 examination cities,
- f) Your photograph.
- g) Signature
- h) your thumb impression
- i) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate in pdf format.
- j) Scanned copy of Caste certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- k) Details of the valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- l) Your net-banking details
- All the certificates related to Degree
- SC/ST/PwD Certificate
- Address proof
- ID Proof
Photograph and Signature Requirements for Gate 2017:
The candidates have to upload the photograph and the signature according to the specification given in the notification of the examination otherwise the application may be considered invalid.
- Photograph Specification
- A colored passport size photograph and should be taken in a professional studio. It should not be older than 01/09/2016
- Background must be white.
- 75% of the area of the photograph should be occupied by the face
- Photo should be in JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print.
- Pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel) and Min. pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 × 320.
- Signature Specifications
- First of all a draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm on a white paper. Then do the signature inside box. The signature should be with blue 0r black ink pen other colors will not be entertained and you can face problem like discarding your application
- Scanning of the signature should be professional
- The image of the signature should be JPEG format and the Max. Pixel : 160 × 560 and the Min. pixel: 80 × 280.
- Thumb Impression Specifications
- First of all a draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm on a white paper. Then do the thumb impression inside box. The impression should be with blue 0r black ink pen other colors will not be entertained and you can face problem like discarding your application
- Scanning of the impression should be professional
- The image of the impression should be JPEG format and the Max. Pixel : 160 × 560 and the Min. pixel: 80 × 280.