Birla Institution of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani, is one of the most prominent Deemed University of the nation. It was established in 1964 and since then it has been offering first-rate Degree courses to aspirants. Currently, it has 15 academic departments, however, University is famous for undergraduate Degree Courses in Engineering and Sciences.
BITSAT 2016 Important Dates
The important dates of BITSAT 2016 has been released and are as below:
|S.No.||Events of BITSAT 2016||Time Period|
|1.||Application From will be available in||08 January 2016|
|2.||Last Date to Submit Application Form||5 March 2016|
|3.||Details in Application Form can be Edited or Revised||6 to 7 March 2016|
|4.||Test Center Allotment||8 March 2016|
|5.||Slot Booking/Reserve Test Date can be done from||21 March to 10 April 2016|
|6.||BITSAT Hall Ticket will be issued in||20 to 30 April 2016|
|7.||BITSAT 2016 will be held on||14 to 28 May 2016|
|8.||Candidates to Apply for Admission with Class 12th Marks and Preferences to Degree programmes||20 May to 30 June 2016|
|9.||Admit and Wait List will be Released on||1 July 2016|
BITSAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Only eligible candidates will be allowed to write BITSAT 2016. Ineligible candidates can also fill the form and pay application fee but will not be allowed to write the examination. Also, the application fee will not be remitted under any circumstances. So, it is advised that candidates check eligibility criteria, thoroughly, before applying for the BITS 2016 entrance examination. Eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2016 is as below:
- Candidate should have passed class XII/equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as core subjects.
- A candidate should have scored a minimum aggregate of 75% in PCM. Along, a minimum of 60% marks in each.
- Candidates who are already part of any of the BITS campuses are NOT eligible to apply for the examination.
BITSAT 2016 Application Form
BITSAT 2016 application form are available here. Candidates just need to access the link above and then follow the steps below:
- Read all the given instructions
- Click on “Allow Me To Apply Online” Button
- Register by entering Name, Gender, Date of Birth and E-mail ID
- Secure the allocated BITSAT application number and use it to login again
- Fill details in the displayed application form
During the BITSAT 2016 form filling, candidates will also have to submit the application fee, which is Rs. 2200 for male candidates and Rs. 1700 for female candidates. However, for both male and female candidates, opting for Dubai centre, the application fee is US$50 (or Rs.3100/). For more details about the application form, click on the heading of this paragraph.
BITSAT 2016 Admit Card
The admit card of BITSAT 2016 will be available from 20 to 30 April 2016. The conducting body will not send it via post or e-mail. Hence, candidates must download in within the prescribed duration and secure it properly. It will be released for all the candidates and without it, the permission to write exam will not be granted.
On the day of the examination, along with the confirming of the admit card, candidate’s fingerprint and photograph will also be taken. It will be matched during the final admission. Candidature will be cancelled if candidates will try to forge any of these.
BITSAT 2016 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2016 is given below:
- The exam will be held online.
- It will be of 3 hours.
- There will be four sections of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English & Logical Reasoning.
- Physics and Chemistry section will have 40 questions each but in the Mathematics section, there will be 45 questions. Apart from this, 15 and 10 question will be asked in the English and Logical Reasoning section, respectively. Hence, there will be 150 questions in totality and candidates will have to solve them all.
- For each right answer, 3 marks will be awarded, and for each wrong answer, negative marking of 1 mark will be done.
- For the questions unattended, marks will neither be awarded or deducted.
Note: Candidates will have the freedom to shuffled between the questions. Those who will finish all the 150 questions before time will be awarded 12 extra questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
BITSAT 2016 Result
The result of BITSAT 2015 will be released in the form of Admit List, on 1 July 2016. In will be issued online, and candidates will be able to check it by entering the Application Number. In it, the name and the application number of the candidate will be mentioned.
The scores of the candidates will be also be disclosed. The conducting body will announce the score few days after the candidates will write the exam. However, getting good score does not ensure admission. It will only be granted if the candidate will be featured in the admit list.
The conducting body will also release a wait list for BITSAT 2016 admissions, after each iteration. It will contain the names of those candidates who might receive admission if seats will remain vacant after the seat allotment of that particular round.
BITSAT 2016 Counselling
BITSAT 2016 counselling will start in the month of July 2016. It will be held in multiple rounds, which will be called as iterations. To participate in the BITSAT counselling, candidates will be required to qualify the BITSAT 2016 Exam. BITS Pilani will release the admission and the wait list. The candidates who will be featured in the admission list will be allocated seat in any of the BITS campuses. The seat will allocated on the basis of the preference of the candidates, their performance in the exam and the availability of seats. In all, there will be four iteration admission assignment.